FIND A RESOURCE
I am looking for:
SAMA respects the privacy of its members and other visitors to its Web site. SAMA strongly believes that if electronic commerce and online activities are to flourish, consumers must be assured that information provided online is used responsibly and appropriately. As such, SAMA has implemented the following policy.
What Information Does SAMA Collect?
Most data SAMA collects are used only to help us better serve our members. It is our general policy to collect and store only personally identifiable information that our members and visitors knowingly provide. If our privacy policies change, we will notify all users by e-mail or a special announcement placed on the Web site.
- From General Users. SAMA does not collect any personally identifiable information from users generally browsing the publicly available portions of the SAMA Web site. Only aggregate data -- such as the number of hits per page -- are collected. Aggregate data are only used for internal or marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information.
- From SAMA’s Members, Conference Registrants, and Other Customers. To gain access to members-only resources and personalization features on asaecenter.org, members and other users are asked to register and provide some limited information. This information is submitted voluntarily. SAMA asks such users to provide the following contact information: their name, company name, business phone, and e-mail. Similar information may be submitted to SAMA through membership applications, conference or seminar registration, publication orders, subscriptions and / or research surveys. Additionally, for some e-mails sent in HTML format by SAMA to its members through its listservs and electronic newsletters, we will collect specific information regarding what the recipient does with that email. For those emails, SAMA will monitor whether a recipient subsequently clicks through to links provided in the message. Other information collected through this tracking feature includes: email address of the user, the date and time of the user’s “click,” a message number, name of the list from which the message was sent, tracking URL number and destination page. SAMA uses this information to enhance its products and services, and the distribution of those products and services to its members. This information is not sold or distributed in any other manner.
How Does SAMA Use Collected Data?
SAMA uses the data that it collects through use of the Web site in the following ways, in addition to those noted above:
- SAMA Member Services, Event Programming and Products. Generally, SAMA uses collected data to improve its own web content; to respond to visitors’ interests, needs and preferences; and to develop new event content, products and services.
- Member Information. SAMA makes member contact information available through the SAMA Networking Directory to other members using its Web site and to those who register for its conferences. In addition, SAMA incorporates aggregated demographic information and lists of companies/titles users provide into prospectuses that it provides to potential sponsors and advertisers.
- Credit Card Account Information. SAMA does not disclose credit card account information provided by its members and customers. When members and customers choose to pay for a service on SAMA’s Web site using their credit cards, SAMA submits the information needed to obtain payment to the appropriate clearinghouse for payment processing.
- Other Disclosures to Third Parties. On occasion, SAMA may also provide a limited amount of the collected data to third parties that provide services to SAMA. These limited data do not include business phone numbers, business fax numbers or e-mail addresses. Users may contact SAMA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-251-3131, ext 0 to express their preferences if they determine later that they do not wish to have the information shared.
- SAMA may disclose collected data to the proper authorities if we become subject to a subpoena or court order or if we are otherwise legally required to disclose such information. We may also use and disclose such data to establish or exercise our legal rights, to assert and defend against legal claims, or if we believe such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding actual or suspected illegal or fraudulent activities.
What Privacy Issues Arise With Links To Other Sites?
This Web site contains links to other web sites. SAMA has no control over and is not responsible for the privacy policies or content of such sites.
What Means Of Redress Are Available?
If any user suspects SAMA has handled its personally identifiable information in a manner that does not comply with this privacy statement, please contact us by e-mailing to email@example.com or calling +1-312-251-3131, ext 13 .
Strategic Account Manager Competency Assessment
SAMA’s new Competency Assessment Tool helps Strategic Account Managers understand and measure the necessary skills to work strategically with their most complex customers. By evaluating performance against a defined set of best practices, this tool helps SAMs and their manager/s build a personal development roadmap to achieve their desired results.
This year's theme – Bringing Mutual Measured Strategic Value – is directly tied to bringing growth and profitability to your customer and becoming a trusted advisor. To bring growth and profitability to your company, you must first bring them to your strategic customers. But the question of how to strategically impact your strategic customers' metrics with your value solutions still remains.
SAMA University and CSAM Program