SAMA’s Certified Strategic Account Manager (CSAM) Program establishes a professional standard of individual capabilities to successfully perform the role and responsibilities of a strategic account manager (SAM).
While variations exist across different businesses and industries for SAM role requirements, an essential set of core competencies and their related knowledge, skills and behaviors have been shown in a majority of companies to be essential for strategic customer leadership.
Upon successful completion of SAMA’s Certification Program, the Certified Strategic Account Manager (CSAM) designation will be awarded.
Download the brochure.
Enrollment Fee and Online modules can be purchased through our new Certification Center:
Step 1. Enrollment
Step 2. Pre-Assessment
Step 3. 9 SAMA University Courses including online components (coming soon) and tests
Step 4. Post-Assessment and Final Review
Step 5. Designation Awarded
Enrollment is now open.
Enrollment includes SAMA's new Pre-Assessment Tool.
To learn more or purchase the assessment tool independently click here: Assessment . A portion of the assessment fee may be applied to Certification Program Enrollment if upgrade is requested within 90 days.
Sign up for updates and download more information about the program: Certification Information Request
The program includes:
- the highest quality workshops and training in strategic account management;
- relevant online learning components designed to reinforce learning and ;
- online and onsite testing to verify knowledge gained;
- on-the-job follow up from SAMA or its affiliates.
Benefits For You
- Demonstrate a high standard of excellence in strategic account management;
- Be measured as one of the best in your field;
- Create a clearer career path within your company.
Benefits For Your Company
- Set a standard of excellence for SAM practitioners and program design;
- Identify and train high potential talent for advancement;
- Establish a threshold of SAM accountability and capability across SAM practitioners working in different fields with varying levels of education, experience, and training
Based on SAMA’s tested Knowledge Architecture and years of research, the Certification Program is currently focused on training for Foundational Level Strategic Account Managers. Future programming will include certification for Advanced level SAMs and Program Organizational Design & Management level for executives and SAM program directors.
Strategic Account Manager Competency Assessment
SAMA’s new Competency Assessment Tool helps Strategic Account Managers understand and measure the necessary skills to work strategically with their most complex customers. By evaluating performance against a defined set of best practices, this tool helps SAMs and their manager/s build a personal development roadmap to achieve their desired results.
This year's theme – Bringing Mutual Measured Strategic Value – is directly tied to bringing growth and profitability to your customer and becoming a trusted advisor. To bring growth and profitability to your company, you must first bring them to your strategic customers. But the question of how to strategically impact your strategic customers' metrics with your value solutions still remains.
SAMA University and CSAM Program